We're getting our ducks in a row over here, after being away last week over Ava's Spring Break. Today I am re-charging, so to speak, and looking at another week away very soon! Before you get any ideas that we are vacationing fools, I should let you know that this past week we enjoyed a "stay-cation" right here in the Metro, while we housesat for a girlfriend of mine and in a few more days we'll be spending some time at my parents house while my sister and brother in law are in town. No tropical locations for us this year, but very fun nonetheless!! That's one perk of condo living, it's pretty easy to come and go when you don't have lawn care or snow removal to worry about! I've got a bunch of things I'm thinking about today, and as I'm sitting here with my feet up, I decided to share some of those thoughts in a "I'd like more of that on this fine Monday" kind of post. Just because I feel like it.
2. I'd like to be more of this kind of friend. An intentional one who writes notes. And communicates love with intentionality. I used to be so much better at this, a few years and a few kids ago, but I want to make more of these kinds of gestures. It's always worth the time and effort.
3. Impromptu treats with my kids. I'll take more of those, please.
4. Wow, do we need more date nights together!!! We were able to get away for a little shopping and dinner to celebrate Trav's birthday last week and it was so, so great. Just so nice to be together and to spend time without the little people we love :)
5. Speaking of food...I need more summer stir-fry and summer cooking in my world! When you live in a cold weather climate, winter cooking means lots of soups and stews and baked things...you know, all that comfort food that keeps your bones warm?? I love that kind of cooking but about this time of year I get a major itch for things on the grill, salads, cold dishes and things that are fresh.
6. We need more...
7. Family dates at Starbucks. Who knew?? I could use more of these. It would be nice if we engaged "with" the kids, but we were without internet last week (it was down at the house we were staying at) and I just wanted to get Trav's birthday post up. And pay some bills. So, this is how we did that...
2 kids and 2 ipads. I'm not saying it was great parenting, but I am saying that it bought us a few minutes to get our stuff done!
A little reading, a little blogging and some peace and quiet. I'm sure we were judged, we were definitely the parents who employed the "ipad babysitter tactic" but whatever. Sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do! Perhaps we need some more of that down the road :) I mean come on, Carter knows allllll of his shapes due to the Toddler Teasers app! That's legit learning, right??
8. Girls day out with my main girl. Oh man, do I love her!!
9. Snuggles from this guy...I LOVE HIS HUGS and while he's still compliant, I'm asking for more and more of them.
He's all boy and so wild, but that tender place in his heart...we're always tapping into that. Carter's a lover for sure and we adore that about him. I'm happy to report that our BIG boy is 100% potty trained now!!! He did so great, it went way faster and much, much easier than I could have ever dreamed. We seriously can't believe how well he did, but we're proud of him! It's so hilarious to see him running around in big boy undies now, another sign that he's growing up, and all the more reason to get more of those hugs while he's offering. I took him in for his 3 year well check today (6 months late, I might add) and he's doing great. Hard to believe how fast time goes...
10. These three.
So there you have it. Ten things I'd like some more of on this Monday afternoon! I didn't add sunshine to my list and that's ONLY because it's actually forecasted this week!!!! Like more than one day of it!!! Praise the Lord and Hallelujah!! These Minnesotans are ready to receive, I'm just sure I'm vitamin D deficient this year. Bring it on!!
But what about you, my kind blog friends? What do you need more of today??