Pages

9.11.2009

We Have Officially Arrived!

Yep, it's been a big week in our house! We have a big girl on our hands now because she is officially a rice cereal eater!!
Well, "eater" may be a stretch, she's more like a "taster or a licker!"
We started her on Monday night with her first bowl.
She obviously had no idea what we were so excited about!
But we could not stop laughing at how tiny she was in her high chair! We had to pull those straps as tight as they go :)
We both took a turn feeding her, it was the classic "first baby/first time parents" moment! The video camera was rolling, we were stopping constantly to take pictures...I would have loved to have known what Ava was thinking about all of it :)
I think it's safe to say that her overall experience was a good one! She just didn't know what on earth we were so giddy about :)
I think she smiled at us just because we were grinning from ear to ear like two fools in her face!!
Daddy's Turn.
Getting her to open her mouth was easier than I thought, she seemed to know what to do with that spoon!
But that doesn't mean she liked it!! I love this face, she made it with every bite :)
Then she tried to grab the spoon herself...
And then she grinned and we started the whole thing all over again!
We can't wait to see her eat oatmeal, veggies, fruit, etc., but not for awhile! Right now we're just working on getting used to our new routine, sitting in the high chair, opening our mouth and swallowing something! One step at a time though.
And make no mistake, we're enjoying every single step!!

10 comments:

tapango1 said...

classic :)

Both of my kids first food was bananna :)

Erin said...

How fun.. What a great memory to look back on and remember!

Toni :O) said...

Hah...she looks LOST in that highchair...hilarious! I hear mushed avocado is another great first for many babies these days. Oh, and I recommend a food processor...so much easier on your pocketbook to just mush your own food vs. buying all those jars..especially Earth's Best...that was our favorite to buy and boy was/is it ever expensive! Have fun!

Heather said...

She is SO cute I can hardly stand it!!!!

Miz Jean said...

Ack!!! I LOVE it! She does look tiny and adorable!!! Fun stuff. :) Also, don't know if you have any of these but I HIGHLY recommend the vinyl bibs with the little snap-up catchall tray thing on the bottom. They sell them at our walmart for not much money. I adore those. I'd be washing bibs ALL day long if I didn't have a few of those. They wipe off with a wet rag and can also go in the washing machine. But don't put them in the dryer - that will cause them to crack.

Amber said...

I have to echo Miz Jean! She's one smart mama!! Those bibs are a must!! We still use them! And they are pretty cute too.

My girls like the rice cereal with apples or bananas better than plain. And both shuddered the first time they tasted cereal! Ha! Must be so weird to have food in your mouth for the first time ever!!

Ava's so cute I could just come through the screen and kiss her! Love all the pics!

Ron and Peggy said...

That is hilarious! Her face is getting fuller, sweet cheeks!

Amanda Hoyt said...

So cute!
Congrats to Mom & Dad on this next step :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Joyce said...

She is just adorable!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

So adorable!! :)