Pages

11.15.2011

Whirlwind Living!

If you read my tweet yesterday, you know that we are soon embarking on a 2 week roadtrip.  Yes.  You read that correctly.  TWO WHOLE WEEKS AWAY!!!  I'm so excited about the time away I can hardly stand it.  We've been planning it for awhile, but only recently have begun the serious work of getting ready and figuring out all of the details.  We are so looking forward to hitting the road with our little lovebugs in the minivan!  It's going to be a memory maker kind of trip for sure, but I think they are going to love it.  We're kind of pinching ourselves over the 2 weeks of vacation Trav is able to take.  We've never taken that much time away and we are so grateful that we can do it!  I don't exactly know what I'll do with the luxary of having Travis with us all the time.  I'm hoping to rest a little more than normal, but mostly just enjoy his company. 

Life this week, is kind of a whirlwind.  I have 3 to-do lists running simultaneously.  Before our big trip, I get to go on a mini-trip this week with my fellow Pastor's wives.  Our annual retreat is one of my favorite things all year, it's always such a good time and such a refreshment to my soul.  I can't wait to spend that time with such dear friends and then start our vacation soon after!  But, as you can imagine I have a lot to accomplish between now and then.  I will say, although it's a lot to pack and organize, it's 10 times easier than prepping to fly.  We are so thankful that we get to take our time and stop when we want to stop on our way to Texas.  Yes, that's where we're headed.  Trav's homeland.  I guarantee you his accent will step it up a notch the minute we cross the state line!  And that's usually when all the "Texas bragging" begins too.  I'll get to hear hours and hours of commentary about why Texas is the greatest state in the nation, should have been it's own country, is home to some of our greatest Americans, etc.  Any other Texans out there?  Or brave people married to Texans??  I do love the Lonestar state, but if you're born there I think you're bred to pledge your love and loyalty for life!  That's ok, loyalty seems to be a dying character quality these days...

Our kids are in for a treat because we will be able to see so much family while we're gone.  I love Thanksgiving and we'll get to have a feast with lots of people we love, but I'm also looking forward to celebrating Christmas a little early too!  I'm working on clearing out all of the Fall stuff in our house before we leave so that when we come back we can dive right in to Christmas.  It makes me smile to think about how much Ava and Carter are going to love the holidays this year.  Already the displays in the stores make them giddy, so I'm sure the trees and the lights will be especially exciting.  Pinterest has been a true source of inspiration already!  I've pinned so many great things, I'll share some of them soon. 

I hope you have a great Tuesday!  I've got to run and get dinner started before my nappers wake up. Before I go, I want to say Happy Birthday today to my Mom!!  I love her so much and I'm so grateful that the Lord blessed me with her for a Mom.  She is one of my favorite people and that's a good thing because I'm turning into her!  She makes me laugh, makes me appreciate her and admire her, and she's my favorite nurse!!  The best thing about my Mom is that she loves the Lord and has walked with Him my whole life, in lots of ups and downs along the way.  There is nothing I cherish more about her...We are a blessed family under her care.  SO, Happy Birthday to the best Mom and Grammy out there!!!  We love you!!

1 comment: