Pages

2.14.2012

When God Writes Your Love Story

I love the Lord because He has been good to me...
He wrote a love story for me that I never could have predicted or orchestrated on my own.  When I waited for the man He had for me, He brought me one who blew every expectation and desire out of the water.  Travis, you were exactly the man I always wanted to marry, but better than than, you are SO much more. 
10 years ago today, you told me you loved me and my life took off in a new direction.  It's been a wild ride, but one that I wouldn't give up for the world.  I love our life together and I love the story God is still writing for us, now with a precious little girl and boy to love too.
Although these two little people have a way of consuming our day, it's you that makes my heart stop and it's you that I can't wait to see walk through the door each night.  I love the time we find to carve out for each other and I adore closing out each day with you by my side. 
I'm grateful for the way you love me and honor me and take care of me.  I'm also grateful for the way you do the same for our kids.  Nothing makes me fall harder for you than to see you with them. 
There isn't anything magically different about today but I do love Valentine's day because of what it means between us and because it's always a good thing to stop and consider why I love you and what it is about you that makes me grateful.  I've only scratched the surface on this post, I'll give you my real list tonight :) But I can say that you have changed my life and I am a very happy and contented woman who is proud to be your wife. 

Happy Valentine's Day, baby!
You are the one my heart loves, rich or poor, in sickness or in health, for better or for worse.
I wouldn't choose anyone but YOU if I had to do it all over again. 
I love you so much...
Love,
Me

No comments: