Pages

8.03.2008

And all is right with the world again...

He's home!! Safely home! I am thrilled and overjoyed to be home this afternoon with Travis. I don't know who squealed more when he walked in the door, me or Ryley! God was very faithful to us and kept Travis well on his flight home, after a rough few days at the end of the week...the antibiotic and the iv drip on Friday seemed to do the trick.

We are very grateful for an incredible trip, Travis has only just begun to tell me about it, but already I am amazed at what the Lord did in Lima. As I was driving to the airport this morning to pick him up, I was very caught up in the emotion of wanting to see Travis again, after only 10 days...I tried to imagine how the Lord must have felt this week, knowing that He called over 5.000 Peruvians into His Kingdom, through the efforts of all those who were on the trip. Because they obediently went, He used them mightily to accomplish His will and now 5.000+ people will one day meet their Savior, overwhelmed with emotion, at the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. Some had never even heard His name before this week, others had resisted Him for one reason or another, but now their names are sealed in the Lamb's Book of Life, never to fall out of the grip of Jesus.

Lord you are so good!!

3 comments:

Matt and Jen said...

together again!! what a beautiful thing!

MiMi said...

So thankful that Travis made it home safely and you got to be home together this afternoon! Thankful that he is feeling much better, too!

Have a great week!
Emilie

Faith said...

Praise the Lord, he's back!!! I know you are SO thankful to have him home again. What an amazing time it sounds like they had - over 5,000 salvations, WOW!!! He is SOOO awesome and I am rejoicing with y'all!

Love you girl and thank you SO much for your prayers for us and my grandmother. You're the best!