Pages

9.18.2007

Ancient Words, Ever True...

I find it interesting that in times of trial and heartache, nothing soothes the soul like the word of God. It seems our dependence on Him opens our eyes and hearts to His promises and to truth. A friend sent me a card that said something to the effect of, "we're praying that you don't believe and give in to the lies of the enemy..." How I appreciated that from them. It's so easy to believe things that aren't of God, things that aren't true and come straight from the father of all lies. It's very easy in the midst of despair to fall prey to fear and anxiety and bitterness. But we believe we don't have to live in defeat and we don't have to attain perfection. Our refuge is in the Lord and our hope is in His word. I have spent much time in Psalm 31 through this last week. I want to share it with you because it's ministered to me and I know it will to you...

Psalm 31

"In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead me and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth...I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set me feet in a spacious place. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief...But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me...How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you...be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

Be blessed today...

No comments: