My new friend, Faith, tagged me tonight but I've already done it before. So, in the spirit of compliance, I thought I could still do it, but with a twist. I'm supposed to tell you 7 random things about me, but instead I'm going to tell you 7 things I want for my birthday, since it's on Thursday. I've decided to ask for alot, realizing that I will definately not be getting any of these things...but a girl can dream right? Travis is unaware of this list, I gave him a much smaller, cost effective version, but he wouldn't be surprised by anything on this list I'm sure! So, sorry Faith for not playing by the rules, but here it is:
7 Things I Wish I Could Get On My Birthday
1. A Mac Book Pro. I desperately need a new computer, and I totally want a mac, simply for the photo and video software. It's my dream. My Dell has served me well for the last 6 years, but it's a dinosaur now and the source of many headaches...it's time to let my Dell go and welcome Mac to my world. Here's hoping!
2. A new i-pod. I've never bought an i-pod. Travis has one and our friends Mike and Holly took pity on me and gave me an old one of theirs, when they realized I didn't have one...isn't that sweet? But, I would love a new one, with video capabilities and lots of my favorite songs already loaded on it...hey, it's my list, so why not? I'd really like an i-phone, but we have a contract with sprint for 2 more years, so that's not going to work. But I'd still like one!
3. A big, fat gift card to Archiver's. I can do serious damage in there and it would be fun to spend money that isn't coming out of our checking account! That way I wouldn't feel guilty about it. I would love some new scrapbooking stuff and they have a limitless supply!
4. A new camera. I love my camera, it's my second Sony Cybershot, but I would love a new one with a much better/sophisticated zoom and lens. I love to take pictures and I would love to improve my shots with a better camera. I think I would still prefer a Sony, because I've really loved them and they are very user friendly. But I'm open to new options too. I just would love to take great, crisp, clear photos with lots of settings to choose from. To go along with my new camera, I would love to take lessons from someone. I don't want to take a class because I am done with school and I don't want the stress anymore of tests and projects, but I would love a one on one tutorial!
5. I really want my subscription to People Magazine back. I was a subscriber for two years, and I have to say, I loved it. Every Friday brought me joy when I opened our mail and found my issue waiting for me. And Travis loved it too, although he would never admit that. In January I decided not to renew, in an effort to spend our money more wisely, but I miss it and I would love that one indulgance back. Think what you want, but I like reading about celebrities and big public interest stories. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not denying it. I'm a People addict going through serious withdrawl.
6. I would also love another loaded gift card to Homegoods. Possibly one of my favorite stores. I love shopping for our house there and I also can do lots of damage. We are in "need" of some artwork for several rooms in our house and I would like to just pick a bunch a great pieces out. And maybe a new area rug. And some storage pieces. And a big black mirror. I'd have to pace myself. I'm getting giddy just imagining it!
7. Finally, I would like a housekeeper service to come to my house once a month. Not to pick up after us, but just to do the deep cleaning jobs that I don't enjoy. Bathrooms, kitchen floors, windows, dusting, etc. And to clean the dog hair off our furniture. Those are the things I don't love and wouldn't it be great to let someone else do them? Again, it's my list and it's my dream.
I realize that the likelihood of me getting any of these things is low, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared in case I win the lottery (which I don't play) or in case I run into a millionaire who is looking for someone to spend money on. It could happen, right? If it does, at least I'll be ready with a very detailed list!