Pages

4.01.2010

Lime Baby!

It's taken me all week to get this posted, but here is the update on our sweet baby...
Our baby was the size of a lime this past week!  
Mom, are you serious??  My sister or brother is the size of this lime???
Huh, what is a lime??
Can I eat it??
No Ava, please don't try and eat "the baby."
I have a feeling I might be saying the same thing in a few months...
So as you can see, I am showing.  Of course it took me months to show with Ava.  But with this baby, I'm pretty certain I took the preg. test and then immediately starting showing.  This is me at 11 weeks.  Tomorrow I'll be 12 weeks already!  This is going ten times faster the second time around!!
Ava remains unchanged by the news of a sibling on the way :) 
She's too busy driving her car around to stop for a chat about it!

I'm very thankful to be through this first trimester already.  Tomorrow we go to the doctor and I'm expecting that everything will be great!  We get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which should be wonderful.  I always love hearing that strong heart beating, it just reminds me of the reality of the little life inside.  It's also a special day because we'll be celebrating Travis' birthday!!  We have some fun things planned and I'm looking forward to it.  Nothing like hearing the heartbeat of your second miracle from God on your birthday!!

We've got a great weekend planned with my family for Easter.  I have lots to do to get ready for it, but I can't wait!  Tomorrow my sister and brother-in-law fly in here and we're so excited to see them!  Ava has a week ahead of her with constant attention and love.  Just like at Christmas, I'm sure there will be fighting over who gets to get her up in the morning or from a nap!  My sister Jennie and my brother-in-law Jesse, literally raced down the hall to beat the other one to her room, the second she made a noise :) Gotta love the first grandchild's standing in the family!!

I'm wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend!  Today is one of those monumental days in our faith, when Jesus and the Disciples would have had their last supper together, only hours before Judas would betray Him.  The events of this night and all that would unfold in the next 24 hours, changed the course of human history forever.  It's so easy to let this week pass us by, in the hustle and bustle of what our world has made Easter to be.  Dresses and egg hunts and baskets and meals are all fun, but pale greatly in their importance when you consider the miracle of the cross and the resurrection.  Sin, death, and Satan were defeated once and for all at the cross.  The agony, the humiliation, the sacrifice, the pain...it was for me.  For you.  It was exactly what God planned from the beginning of time, the way that He would redeem man and reconcile us to Him again.  My penalty was paid, my debt was wiped clean, His blood was shed in place of mine.  And 3 days later, on the greatest day of history, death was defeated when He rose again!  Don't miss the miracle of Easter, the gift of salvation offered to all of us.  Christ died once and for all...

Happy Easter!


13 comments:

Erin said...

Hopefully she doesn't eat the lime :) Will you guys be finding out the sex, i might have already asked you that but I forget!

Sounds like you have a great Easter planned! Hope it is a blast!

Ashley said...

Aww the size of a lime?! LOVE IT! A woman I work with is pregnant and she was just updating me today..I think she is a squash right now. I think that is so funny to listen to! Anyways, have a wonderful EASTER!

Michele said...

Oh wow...somehow I missed this! Congratulations Stephanie and Travis!!! I'm happy for you (but I have to warn you...get your rest NOW...even more than when you were pregnant with Ava, because once number 2 rolls around, those "sleep when the baby sleeps" words of advice will only work if BOTH babies are sleeping at the same time:-)

~Bekah said...

ok so i'm WAAAYYYY BEHIND! I HAD NO IDEA STEPHANIE!! OMG CONGRATS!!! WOW!! GOD IS SOO GOOD!!! I don't know if I could handle two babies so close in age but God gives us everything in His time and He knows what is best for us! I am soo thrilled for you!!!!

Ron and Peggy said...

Ava is looking very sisterly with that lime in her mouth! Just a little nibble won't hurt, mom. Up from the grave He arose, I'm singing. I know you're glad you can't hear me.

Anonymous said...

You look great! What an exciting time :)

Happy Easter!

Manda (+2) said...

Oh Steph- It's such a relief to see that you're showing too- I was feeling terrible about my tummy- Like I was gaining like crazy or something. You've blessed me dear! You're so cute. Things are different the 2nd and third time around...

Rebecca Jo said...

Look at that belly.. a baby bump already! So precious!!!

Toni :O) said...

Happy Easter sweet family and you look just radiant in your belly pic, absolutely glowing! Have fun hearing that awesome heart beating...such a blessing and on his b-day too? What a GREAT gift! Have fun, we're off to Orlando from MI for some fun in Pirate and Princess Land at WDW...woot woot! Hope your fun little Ava has a great first Easter.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Happy Easter, Steph,
Cute pictures. Glad you're doing well. We sure are enjoying Emily and Keith's Nora. She is with us right now as a matter of fact.
Tom

Erin said...

I have a giveaway going on my blog and I wanted to let you know about it!!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Congratulations on #2! That's so exciting!

I'm your newest follower! = )

Mallory said...

You look great! Do you mind me asking where you got that sweater? I love it!