Pages

10.21.2010

For Comparison's Sake

For days now, we have been scratching our heads, trying to decide who Carter looks like, if he reminds us of Ava or if he's totally got his own thing going on :)  So, to answer the burning question in our minds, I dug up a few pictures of both kids, at about the same time, to see what we think...
You know, for comparison's sake.

Here's what I discovered...
I was overwhelmed with love for Ava...
...and I'm overwhelmed with love for Carter.
 She stole our hearts the first time...
...He made them double in size the second time.
I was exhausted after labor with her...
...But I never knew true exhaustion until I was in labor with him :)
Ava was the apple of her Daddy's eye immediately....
...And so was Carter.
She had the love of an adoring Father for the first time...
...And he has the love of an adoring Father for the second time.
This was the day I knew my heart could not be any more joyful than it was.  
Ava awakened something in me that I never knew existed...
...But this was the day that I knew God had given me double the joy!
Carter drew more joy out of me than I ever knew was possible.
This was our 6 lb, 11oz girl, on the day we brought her home...
...And this was our 7lb, 10oz boy, on the day we brought him home.
She wore pink with a flower on her head.
He wore blue with a hat on his head.
A little splash of pink, peeked out of the car seat when Travis carried Ava down the hall...
...And a little splash of blue peeked out of that same car seat, when Travis carried Carter down the hall...
After we got home, it didn't take long for the soft pink blankets to come out...
...Just like it didn't take long for the soft blue blankets to come out.
This little beauty made us fall in love...
...And this handsome little mr. made us remember the feeling all over again.


Although their hair color is different and they each have distinct features that set them apart, when it's all said and done, I think it's safe to say that they are related!  

Now I know what you're thinking, "they" say it's not wise or loving to compare your children, but I don't know...
It seems like a healthy dose of comparison every now and then can't be that bad :) 

6 comments:

Christine said...

As they get older you'll come to realize that they are completely different from each other. Like night and day. What fun. They are both beautiful however.

~Bekah said...

simply adorable!!!! you have sooo got me havin the baby fever! WHICH IS A LOT for me considering how rough having a baby was on me! i never thought i could imagine the love for another child would feel like but you have VIVIDLY shown me that through your words!! We aren't trying for #2 anytime soon but i am warming up to the idea of having a 2nd!! :)

Erin said...

I sure do think they look a like!! Loved this post!

Toni :O) said...

LOVED this post and all of the comparisons...such sweet photos! Yay...hope you're slowly starting to feel like your old self again. Many continued blessings on you all!

Donna said...

Hard to tell, but looks like Carter appears to look more like his dad where Ava looks like your mother! Cute pics, no matter who they look like!!

Anonymous said...

i really notice the siblings in the pictures just put on fb where his mouth is open...totally looks like AVA :)