Pages

10.17.2010

So. Incredibly. Blessed.

Because our son loves us and decided to sleep like a champ last night, we tackled the prospect of going to Church today!  Ava was still at my parents' house this morning, so I thought this might be a good time to try it, before I have to do it with 2 kids by myself.  We were late, but given the fact that I can't drive and Travis had to come back to get us, I was just happy that we made it at all!  
We introduced Carter to the junior highers for the first time, which was fun.  He had lots of admirers and drew a crowd every time I turned around.  
He handled it all by sleeping and looking so very sweet.  
We did go through two outfits while we were there, but I thought that might happen and at least I was prepared :) 
It was a great Sunday and our joy was made complete when our sweet little Ava came home!  
I can't look at this picture without thinking I am so incredibly blessed.
How did I get to be the mom of 2 of the most beautiful babies on earth??

My hands are going to be very full in the coming days and months, but I'm realizing, so is my heart.  
It's hard to believe Carter has already been a part of our family for a week now!  In some ways it's flown by and in other ways, it seems like he's been a part of us forever.  

A daughter and a son...
These are the days to cherish, every single one...

5 comments:

Christine said...

God is good and will continue to bless you and your family. AND you think you are blessed now, just wait until you have grandchildren. Take care of yourself and the little ones.

Ron and Peggy said...

Ava certainly looks pleased to be next to her mom and baby bro.

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures! You look radiant. :)

Kendra said...

Wow!! Seriously impressed over here!! Making it to Church within one week!!!!! You're little two are sure cuties!! Praying for you as you adjust to life with two, all well recovering from surgery! =)

Donna said...

The neatest part is that you understand and appreciate how much you have been blessed! Have fun!!