Pages

5.20.2009

Because I Need a Break...

If you must know, I really should be doing something else right now.  I should be putting laundry away, getting suitcases packed, vacuuming my house or maybe even showering.  That's what I should be doing, but instead I'm blogging, because I need a little break today.  And I feel like being indulgent.  So there you go :) Here's some random stuff going on in our world this week...

-It is incredibly HOT here today.  You probably think I'm exaggerating since it's Minnesota, but I am not.  It is 91 degrees right this minute!!  That is crazy.  We also have hurricane force winds going on outside, so Ava and I are choosing to stay inside.  Although I do love the sunshine, it's honestly just too hot out for her little self :) We were out yesterday afternoon in the same weather and she was a hot, sweaty mess!  So, inside with air conditioning it is.

-We are attempting our first vacation this weekend with the little peanut.  We're headed to Iowa to see my family and some friends.  I am totally looking forward to it, mostly because Travis has been working soooo much lately, I haven't been able to see him a whole lot or get much help with Ava.  It will be a blessing to have many arms to hold her!  Also, Ava gets to meet her Uncle Dave for the first time.  She is very excited about it, she told me so :)  

-Did you watch my fellow Iowan, Shawn Johnson, win Dancing with the Stars last night???   I was quite proud :) And I did think she deserved it, she was very good the whole season and her free-style dance was excellent.  

-Now, who on earth doesn't know about the American Idol finale tonight??  I am hoping that Kris will win, although Adam is so talented he certainly deserves to win too.  My original pick, Danny, is already out so now I've transferred my allegiance to Kris.  I didn't love the performances last night though and I'm really getting sick of the whole "sing this song that so and so have written as your first single, should you win."  Why do they keep putting us through that, season after season??  The songs aren't good and both of them didn't sing them well last night.  I know Kara co-wrote it, but seriously, make the madness stop!  I can't wait to watch the whole thing tonight, I hope it's a better show!  

-Ava needs a bath tonight and I'm debating about whether I want to give her one alone or wait for Travis to gets home, later tonight??

-I have been trying to return phone calls today and get caught up in several things that need some attention.  It is so hard for me to feel like I have a grip on everything right now.  Just when I think I've caught up, something else gets added to the list or pops in my mind.  It's a miracle the bills have gotten paid and we have food in the fridge.  Somedays I feel like all I do is feed her, hold her, and feed her again!  But, she's only little once and the work is always there.  

-I hear someone stirring, so I need to cut this short.  I'll leave you with two pictures I took last night, when we were doing all we could to get someone to sleep :) 

Here's the position we "had to" keep her in or else she melted down immediately!  
But it eventually worked and she fell asleep, with her little arms up in the air!  Now, do you see those little ruffly green pants she's wearing??  She wore them yesterday with that onesie, that has pink and green flowers all over it.  While we were running errands, some lady wanted to see her and she thought she was a little boy!!  Really??  In ruffly pants??  Since when did green become only a boy color?? Just had to share that because those pants make me laugh now :) I mean seriously, they have little bows on them!?!?!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

she's just as cute and girly as can be! people just pay no attention sometimes i think :)
i always held tate(no kenna) sort of like that, with my arm in between the legs and my hand holding her chest. it does the trick for a hurting tummy!
i am excited about idol too!
oh, vacation will be so fun! and all the hands to help should be great!

Erin said...

I would have Alex in pink with a bow in her hair and people would still say HE!! Drove me insane!!

Leanne said...

Yep, that seems to soothe tummies!

I think Ava looks just like a girl...people always ask me with Lucie if she's a boy or girl! She totally looks like a girl! I guess people don't pay attention. I like to dress my girls in totally girlie things too...

I hope you have a fun vacation with your family.

Tale care!

Dave and Jen said...

Uncle Dave is so excited to meet his sweet little Ava Page.

~Bekah said...

she is adorable! I hope Shelby has red hair! KRIS ALLEN WON! He's from a town here in our state, Arkansas, about 3 hours away so it's cool to actually relate and know where the winner is from! He was AMAZING last night on American Idol! :)
had a great dr.'s appt. yesterday.. i'm 37 weeks now and there's no sign of Shelby's arrival anytime soon yet so i'm ok with that..a bit disappointed b/c i am soo miserable and it's getting hot here in Arkansas, like usual so the swelling is increasing but we're great.. and have fun on ur vacation! we were gonna go somewhere since we're off 4 days for memorial day but we thought we'd better not risk it so i think we're just going to hang around the house and finish up some last min. things and maybe cook out one night for our family. :)

Katie Spinks said...

she is way too cute - so glad Kris won I was kinda surprised but so happy he did cause he deserved it!! Enjoy your first family vacation...