Pages

6.18.2009

Resting

This pretty much sums up our day.  Lots and lots of resting in our jammies :) Last night Travis and I decided that Ava had come down with her first cold because she was coughing and sneezing so much.  She was kind of fussy and sweaty, so we just hung around the house and catered to her every whimper.  There is nothing sadder than a baby who doesn't feel well.  Fortunately for us, when we put her down for bed, she slept 8 hours!!  I was so happy for myself when I woke up :), but also for her.  Sleep was exactly what she needed and she got it.  Today she is feeling much, much better.  She hasn't been coughing or sneezing and she's had some really great naps.  In fact, as I'm typing this, she is fast asleep in her swing.  We gave her a bath and now she's out...oh how I wish someone would do that for me!  

Unfortunately, Travis was also home sick with us today.  He didn't feel well last night and this morning he woke up with a bad sore throat, body aches and a sinus headache.  He took the day off and I sent him back to bed.  He's sleeping again now, but I think he's doing better.  I really think he's just worn out from his weekend camping trip, followed immediately by VBS this week.  He's really just running on empty.  We were both sad to miss VBS today, but it was good for everyone to have a quiet day to rest.  We've been very busy lately and I think it just caught up with all of us.  I am feeling fine so far, just exhausted from taking care of everybody else :) I did manage to get a Target run in for some much needed groceries, so tonight I plan to cuddle with my baby and my husband and hunker down at home.  Let's hope tomorrow is a better day!   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it was so good to see you yesterday and Elli enjoyed meeting Ava ( and so did I!) she's such a cutie!!!

Jordan said...

I hope that everyone feels much better tomorrow! Love the picture of her. She's so adorable! =]

Jesse and Stacie said...

Ok, she TOTALLY looks like Jennie here!! In fact, there's a picture of Jennie in her p.j.'s sitting on a couch that looks just like this!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Hang in there momma!! Gotta be VERY tiring to take care of everyone! Cant have you sick!!!