Pages

2.09.2011

Growing Up in the Blink of an Eye

Maybe it's because I've had lots of time to look at my kiddos this week, or maybe it's because I poured through Ava's first year in pictures over the weekend, but seriously, my babies are so cute. 
 I know, I'm bragging...how obnoxious. 
But I can't help it. They are making my heart melt a lot these days :)
Ava is rapidly approaching her second birthday and I can't believe it.  How can she be 2 already???  Wasn't I just pregnant with her last month?????
No, I guess that was Carter I was pregnant with  :) But speaking of little Carty, isn't it crazy that tomorrow he will be 4 months old????  Good grief!  He looks like he's about 13 in this picture, right?? 
 At the rate that his hair is growing, he'll probably need to start shaving next month too.
It's freezing cold here, and I've kept the kids in all week. Carter and I both have colds and we are doing our best to rest our way through them. So, I've been playing a lot and enjoying the little things this week :)
 Like making Ava giggle...
And reading a thousand books :)
I've tickled tiny toes...
 ...and wiped lots of dirty faces :)
We've played with hair-do's and modeled lots of hairbows!
We've gotten lots of mileage out of familiar toys...
 And made enough noise to let the neighbors know we're around!
It's been a pretty ordinary, stay in your jammies and relax kind of week, which is just fine with me. 
My heart is heavy for little Kate McRae and her family this week.  I just can't think about them without tearing up and asking the Lord to give them the wisdom and peace they so desperately need.  It's been a long week inside with my kids, but thinking about Kate (and about her Mom and Dad) certainly helps give me some perspective. I put Ava and Carter to bed tonight, with extra hugs and kisses, knowing I can't control what lies ahead in each of their lives.  As much as I long to protect them and keep them from heartbreak, I can't. So I lay my head on my pillow tonight, grateful for these ordinary days and knowing that God has already numbered all of our days, no matter what I do or don't do.  He knows what's ahead and tonight, I'm really grateful I don't.  That's a burden we would never be able to carry.  
I sure do love these little monkeys.
And I'll take an ordinary, uneventful week anytime.
I can't believe how fast these days are flying off the calendar...
But I'm determined to enjoy all of them!
Which is pretty easy when you have these little faces to stare at :)  

2 comments:

Toni :O) said...

Soooo many cute photos....just adorable. I too feel heartbrake for Kate and her family. No one should have to go through what they are, it's so sad and all we can do is continue to pray for them and savor our many blessings. Stay warm!

Darla said...

Cute:) Sorry you've been sick:( But I suppose this is as good a week as any to stay in...Brrrr! Clara is looking forward to having Carter in the nursery Sunday. We missed you.