Pages

5.04.2011

We're Still Here...

Hmm, not even sure where to begin this post. Lots of things going on in my head, the least of which is the raging sinus infection I'm quite sure I have. I need to call and get an appointment so that I can get an antibiotic, but I haven't been able to get my act together enough to pick up the phone.  I woke up last Monday (as in a week ago) with a terrible sore throat, a throbbing head and an achy body.  I literally spent most of last week resting.  When the kids napped, so did I.  When Travis was home, I was on the couch.  I neglected almost everything around the house and did my very best to just slow down and sleep this head cold away.  Well, here I am a week and a half later and I can now attest, that didn't work.  It's all just moved into my sinuses and my chest and now what was just clear drainage is definitely infected.  Super. 

And because I neglected all of my "work" last week, I'm now stuck with double the work and this lingering infection.  So, I haven't really said much on the old blog (despite two VERY global, news worthy events!!!) as I'm really just trying to tread water at this point.  I am behind in just about every area.  The most obvious having to do with food :) Usually I'm pretty organized with a meal plan and groceries for that plan, but honestly, this past week our food situation has been the biggest joke!  Thankfully, and I do truly mean that, I am married to someone who is incredibly flexible and very willing to just go with the flow.  I try not to have him run to the store much, because I consider that part of my "job" but I think I've asked him to "stop by the store" 5 out of the last 6 days.  The poor guy.  I have tried to plan at least 2 days out, but due to the congestion in my head, I keep forgetting key ingredients.  I can't even tell you how many times we've just thrown in the towel and had pizza :)  It's a mixed blessing to send your husband to the store.  While it's wonderful to be able to stay home and let him grab what we need, I've also had to bite my tongue about the "interesting" items that have come home with him.  Amazing how a list can seem so clear to me, but not to him.  We'll just leave it at that! 

Ohhhh, well.  Such is life.  I do hate to live in a state of chaos like that, especially when I'm the one who "runs our home" but sometimes it's just the way the cookie crumbles, you know?  And speaking of cookies, I could really go for one right now but I'm *trying* to eat a little bit better.  When I was nursing, I let myself eat most of what I wanted.  I figured I needed all those calories to feed two of us.  Well, now that I'm only nursing once a day, I no longer need the calories and it occurred to me that I'm still indulging as if I did.  Bummer.  So, with summer on the horizon and a closet full of clothes that don't fit me, it's time for me to break out the veggies and the almonds :) But oh how I long for cookies...and chocolate...and ice-cream...

And it's Wednesday, which means Travis is very, very busy today...
Might be a long afternoon :)

2 comments:

Toni :O) said...

Bummer! I hope you feel better soon because being down and out and running the house and family is no easy task...us Moms never get sick days! Take care, make that appointment and hope you are on the mend real soon!

Ron and Peggy said...

So sorry you're feeling poorly and for so long! Get that Rx and start feeling better. And there's always chocolate for mom's, always.