Pages

2.12.2008

40 Days of Spiritual Discovery...starts tomorrow!

There are some things that our Church does, that I really love. One of the things we do is a 40 day, Church-wide Bible study that leads us into the Easter season. Last year I participated, but I was late starting and I wasn't as disciplined as I wanted to be. This year I am committing to seeing it through and I thought I would share it with you, if you're looking for a fresh quiet-time idea.

The name of our study is "The Name Above Every Name" and for 40 days we will be studying 40 different names of God. It begins tomorrow, Wednesday, February 13 and concludes on Easter Sunday, March 23. I bought my book at our bookstore on Sunday, but the best part is that you can do it along with me because you can download the whole thing on our church website for free! Our Pastors and staff members wrote each daily devotion and they've included discussion and journal questions to use also if you want. Travis wrote 3 of them, so of course I have some extra motivation to get to his! You'll find instructions and explanations of why they chose this topic and why they structured it in this way...40 days is a significant amount of time in the Bible...we see several important seasons of people seeking the Lord for 40 days. There are ideas about how to do this or what you might want to consider doing alongside it (i.e.-fasting), so if you're interested at all, then do it with me! I will be blogging about it as the Lord prompts me and shows me things about Him. I'm pretty excited to do this, as I anticipate it impacting my Easter season in a new way.

So, if you want to join me, you can click on the link below for Grace Church and you'll find the 40 days banner on the home page. Click on it for the downloadable version and make sure you have plenty of paper in your printer! If you need a little refresher in your quiet time, I hope you'll walk through these 40 days with me...God NEVER ceases to show up when we seek him!

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:13-14

www.atgrace.com

4 comments:

Jesse and Stacie said...

This sounds neat....if it's Adobe it won't download on our computer :( we shall see...

Rebecca said...

That sound like a great study to do. Right now I am doing When Godly People Do Ungodly Things. I can't remember if you did that one with us but I know you did Breaking Free. And just this week I found some of the poetry and worksheets,etc. that you gave us to help us along. I love love love this study!! I wish I had time to do this one you guys are doing too! Sounds good.Take care- I am so glad I am able to keep up with you guys now. Make sure to check out my blog too to see whats going on here!
Rebecca

sheltonfamily said...

I love it...I try to follow something leading up to Easter. I hope you are staying warm...I saw it was very cold in MN!

Sarah said...

aaack! I thought it started the 15th! I'm already behind!