Pages

10.05.2009

Misc. Monday Returns!

Some Misc. Thoughts Today...

-It's October already.  Really???  Where is this year going??  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are right around the corner.  As are all the chores and work that goes right along with each one.
Deep breath....

-Is it just me, or do you feel like we're all going through Jon and Kate's divorce??  I mean really, how many breaking stories and headlines can we all take??  As much as I don't want to know about this story, I can't escape it.  It's EVERYWHERE.  And I can't help but have an opinion...
Which I will keep to myself.  Sorry. 

-It's so stinking cold here, I am not ready for this!!  Where did our beautiful fall go?  We always have such wonderful, warm weather when fall rolls around, but this year, it almost feels like winter temps are here!  I'm struggling to find much joy in it.  I want to be able to have Ava outside, but I hate taking her out in this cold weather.  I kind of bums me out that I've got to pull out her winter coat, her fleece snowsuit and a variety of hats, already.  It's going to be a long winter...

-Speaking of the little peanut, can I just tell you how much I LOVE staying at home with her??  When a brand new week rolls around, it feels so freeing to know that I have a pretty good handle on what I want to get done.  Ava and I have developed a nice routine and I am really enjoying it.  There are days when I'm feeding her in the middle of the day, and I find myself just savoring the moment. This season is such a gift and it is not being wasted on me.

-However, it's become quite apparent to me that I need to be very careful with this new freedom!  I have been on a shopping spree lately and I'm really having to reign myself in :) My own wardrobe is in total need of a makeover.  Not because I'm just sick of my clothes, but because nothing fits.  Seriously, nothing!  Since I've had Ava, not only have some extra pounds taken up residence on my body, but other things have "widened" and "shifted."  Things like my ribs and my hips.  Total bummer.  No matter what I do, there is no way I can go back again.  Sure I can lose some weight, and I hope to, but I can't make my ribs shrink :) So, as the season is changing, I'm realizing that I am not going to be able to wear 90% of what I would have worn.  On the agenda this week is a major closet clean-out.  I really hope to consign or sell on e-bay a few of my nicer things.  It's so expensive to replace a wardrobe and I'm looking for any way to make a little extra shopping money :)

-Tonight Ava and I are going to bundle ourselves up and go out for Trav's soccer game.  Tonight and tomorrow night are the last games of the season and we want to cheer Daddy on, one more time.  It's been such a fun experience for Trav to coach this fall.  He has loved it and I have loved it for him.  We are both such sports fans, it's been kind of fun to get back into high school sports and all that goes along with it.  Plus, they've had a great season with lots of wins and on Saturday, they won their conference tournament!!  Yay!! Their team picture is going to be in the local newspaper, so I'll have to see if I can get a copy to show you.  I'm proud of him!

-Lastly, I will leave you with some pictures from yesterday, for the grandparents :)


We pulled our first fall dress out of the closet yesterday....a dress in honor of her Texas roots :)
It's corduroy with little horses, horseshoes and brown lace.  It's so cute!

 I even pulled out a sweater and my corduroy pants too!  We were so darling together it was probably nauseating :)  I can't help it.  I've waited years to do cheesy things like this!!

Ava even wore her first pair of tights.  She didn't quite know what to make of them, but when she tried to stand up and found herself slipping all over the place, she did kind of look at me like,
"What is this all about Mom??"

Isn't she so cute??  Mom, we love this little dress!  It fits her perfectly :)
Ready or not, Fall is here in Minnesota.  It's cold, it's windy and it's a little dreary.  But, it's a good thing we have this little sweetie to light up our days!

Happy Monday everyone!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love Ava's dress! And that pic of the two of you is darling! Sorry it is already cold...I would struggle with that, too! We are so blessed to have our girls and be able to stay home with them, dress them up, and just enjoy every second!

Ron and Peggy said...

You girls are gorgeous!

petrii said...

It has been pretty chilly here and I heard this morning we could have our first frost sometime this week. What?!! So not ready for that!!

Ava's dress is so cute and so is her mommy!! Have fun shopping. You are are so darling ~~ it will be fun seeing your new wardrobe.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn