Pages

1.10.2011

Monday, Monday...

Anyone else feel like singing the song along with me??  

"Every other day, every other day,
 every other day of the week is fine...yeah...
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes, 
you can find me cryin, all of the time! 
Oh, Monday, monday..."

Ok, anyway, moving on..

-I've got a roast in the crockpot and I just want to high five myself for thinking ahead.  It's one of my newest recipes and it's the easiest one of them all.  And, it smells delicious.

-Both of my kids are sleeping.  Hallelujah.  

-I haven't showered yet, and more commonly these days than not, I don't really want to.  Wow, I just admitted that.  I'm sure come 7:00 tonight, I'll feel much differently about that decision :) 

-I have a major to-do list that is running in my head.  I'm thinking I should really write it down, but haven't yet.  

-I need to call Air Tran for a trip we are taking in March, but after 2 days in a row of being on hold for at least 30 minutes, I'd rather vomit than pick up the phone and try again.  And yet, with everyday that passes, prices continue to climb.  Sigh....

-I'm reading a book right now that is making so much sense to me and inspiring Travis to read it too so we can discuss it.  Grace Based Parenting.  So far, I highly recommend it.  

-Ava is killing me right now with her antics.  She's totally funny and randomly breaking out her dance moves along with gymnastics moves too.  I'm thinking she would really love a little gym class to go to.
  
-Carter is so sweet.  I just love him like crazy and I'm so thankful he's in our family.  I honestly can't remember life without him, it seems like it must have been incomplete :) 

-I'm in the middle of re-organizing/cleaning out our closet.  Giving up our huge walk-in for Carter's nursery was not easy and is making our daily clothes storage a continual challenge.  And yet, it is what it is.  I'm currently trolling Craig's list for a tall dresser that we desperately need for more storage.  Haven't found the perfect one yet, but I know I will.  

-I packed up all of my maternity clothes today and silently hoped it would be at least a year before I pull them out again!  Also wondered when I do, would it be because I'm pregnant?  Or because one of my sisters is?  Or because I'm ready to get rid of them??  Who knows...

-Tomorrow is our return to Bible study after winter break.  Naturally, I'm just now cramming to get my lesson done.  I've only had 4 weeks to complete it, so it makes total sense that I saved it all for the day before.  Guess you know what I'll be doing late tonight :) 

-I put Carter in the church nursery for the first time yesterday morning and it was wonderful!  I was ready, he did great and I'm optimistic about potentially getting to sit through an entire worship service again!  You never realize how much you take that for granted until you can't do it.  Glad to be returning to Church again.  

-It's snowing here and has been all day.  Because I have no where I need to go, I'm loving it.  Nothing like a beautifully covered ground, with fresh, sparkly snow.  Reminds me again, that I'm thankful for a meal already in my crock pot!  

-Ok, now I'm hungry and I haven't eaten lunch yet, so I'll cut this fascinating list of thoughts off here.  

Hope your Monday is a good one and in the words of The Mamas and The Papas, 

"Monday, Monday,
It's all I hoped it would be..."   

3 comments:

Erin said...

I need to get so better at useing my crock pot.. do you have a bunch of recipes for them?

Ron and Peggy said...

Sounds very cozy.

Robyn said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way about showering. Lol. When we aren't going anywhere I feel like there's much better things I could be doing with my time. Haha.