Pages

1.14.2011

You're Welcome

A few weeks ago, I made a reference to a new recipe blog that I stumbled upon and I promised I would share it.  So today I'm making good on that promise.  You know that I love to cook and I sometimes bake and for those of us who have fallen in love with the Pioneer Woman, recipes that are EASY to follow, complete with PICTURES of every step, are the best!  So, on a blustery winter day, much like today in fact, I went searching for a good corn chowder recipe.  I googled that phrase and found lots of listings for that particular soup.  BUT, it wasn't until I stumbled upon this recipe below that I knew I hit a gold mine...
Does that look yummy or what???  
Well let me tell you, it was.  In fact I've made it twice. 
But as I was reading the recipe, I found myself totally sucked into the blog from where it resides. 
If you like to cook/bake or drool over photos from people who do, you must bookmark this site!
This is the picture that led me to the recipe and tutorial for my
"Happy Birthday Jesus" cookies.  They were by far, the best sugar cookies I've ever had and the icing was just a beautiful as they said it would be.  SO fun!
On New Year's Eve I decided to check their site again for any inspiration and we went immediately to the store for these little appetizers. 
Unbelieveably good and VERY easy to make.  I can still taste them if I think about it :)
In addition to their great blog, their BRAND NEW cookbook is about to hit stores in February. 
I don't know about you, but I think this would make a lovely Valentine's Day gift.
You know, for *certain* people who love to cook...
In case *certain* husbands are reading :)

I didn't get asked to write this and they aren't rewarding me in any way, but I PROMISE you will love this blog. 

It is a holiday weekend you know, with plenty of time to be in the kitchen. 
And if you live in Minnesota, you know that it's snowing.  Again. 
 What else do we do but cook, bake and scrapbook in the winter???

Happy Friday everyone!

Oh, and You're welcome :)

1 comment:

The Martins said...

I can't wait to check it out! I'm in need of new ideas!