Pages

4.30.2008

For Anyone Who Is Lacking...

Ok, so I told you last night about my new favorite devotional book, Jesus Calling. I'm going to copy exactly what today's entry said, because it was very timely for me and I would imagine for many of you. I hope it encourages you if you're feeling like you just don't have what you need today...

April 30
When some basic need is lacking- time, energy, money- consider yourself blessed. Your very lack is an opportunity to latch onto Me in unashamed dependence. When you begin a day with inadaquate resources, you must concentrate your efforts on the present moment. This is where you were meant to live- in the present; it is the place where I always await you. Awareness of your inadequacy is a rich blessing, training you to rely wholeheartedly on Me.

The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success. Health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. Rejoice in your insufficiency, knowing that My power is made perfect in weakness.

James 1:2, "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of any kind..."

2 Corinthians 12:9, "And He said to me, My grace is sufficent for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."


Take the opportunity you've been given today, to rest, trust, and delight in HIS power being made perfect in your weakness. Be blessed...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Very encouraging- Sounds like a good devotional book. I have been going through John Pipers Taste and See. Its great- but is there anything by Piper that isn't? hehe
BTW I was SO exctied for you on your wonderful birthday suprises- just didn't get to comment that day!!!