Pages

4.12.2010

Winter Wonderland Wedding

In December, I had the privilege of doing a Christmas wedding for Lori and Greg, but in a terrible moment of forgetfulness, I didn't bring my camera with me on the day of the wedding!! I couldn't believe it. I never do that. Anyway, I just got these photos back from their photographer and I love them!  I've been waiting to get these so I could share them, and I'm so happy with how they turned out. He did a beautiful job capturing a gorgeous Minnesota winter day and I thought you might like to see it!

The Happy Couple! 
Red was the color of the day and the theme for this sparkly, winter wedding.
The Groom's bout.  
Loved all the texture in this one, as well as the icy detail that we repeated in Lori's bouquet.  
I always make sure the bride and the groom coordinate.
The Bride's Bouquet.
Lori wanted a non-traditional, nosegay bouquet that was mostly red with touches of white.  Roses, tulips, freesia, hydrangea, protea, hypericum and some seasonal greens helped make this spectacular bouquet pop in a white winter backdrop.  This was a fun bouquet to do because Lori was a girl who loved sparkle and drama!  If it glittered, sparkled or shined, she wanted it!  
Loved all the textures and dimension in both the bride and groom's flowers.
The Groomsmen's bouts.
Mostly white with touches of red.
Gorgeous girls!
Because they wore all red, we went with all white bouquets with touches of red.
White mini callas, roses, stock and lisianthus made up the bridesmaid's bouquets.  
I found a sparkly red jewel that we wove through the flowers and greens to give it a little extra something.
Darling!
Junior Bridesmaid's Bouquets.
Lori's nieces were her junior bridesmaids, so we echoed the same look with smaller bouquets.  
White hydrangea and white roses were all it took to create a round and petite bouquet.
Greg with the two junior bridesmaids.
Lori wanted a similar red, sparkly look in the Church, without a "Christmas" feel.
A memorial table in honor of loved ones.
The unity candle arrangement.
Loved the simple touches we chose for the platform.  One way to save a little money is to use fresh greens with glitter branches and leaves, instead of flowers.  Still gives you a wonderful impact and lots of color without the cost of fresh flowers.
I loved this cake topper!  
Classic red roses with the same jewel flowers in Lori's bouquet.  Simple and gorgeous.
Floating candles are still one the easiest, most inexpensive ways to dress up a table.  A red candle, a sheer silver ribbon and red/clear marbles created the simple look Lori was going for.
This was a fun wedding to do and one of my favorites yet!  
There is nothing like a classic, winter wedding.
And let's face it, Minnesota provides a perfect winter backdrop!
Congratulations Lori and Greg!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The arrangements are gorgeous!

Erin said...

Great work as always!! I have another giveaway going on my blog :)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

What a beautiful and classy Christmas wedding!! I love it!