Pages

3.25.2012

Lucky 900

We got a fun new toy, just in time for Spring this weekend!  The family that I used to nanny for graciously gave us their Burley and we finally got a day to go pick it up and bring it home.  The kids had no idea what it was or why we were bringing it home, but once we got it all put together and ready for an inaugural trip to the park, they were sold!  Ava especially.  Can you tell she is totally into it??  Carter had only been awake from his nap for about 5 minutes, so he was still partially asleep when we strapped him in there, but it didn't take long for him to love it too. 
 I would also like to point out the scabs on both of my kids' knees.  Can you see them??  Hello, Spring and all your "owies" that go hand in hand with being outside again!
For sure Ava's favorite part of the Burley experience is being all zipped up inside it with her blankie, her cup, and her brother.  She just loved it...Wait til she discovers how many babies that thing could hold!!  We were laughing and cleaning our garage spot out last night (again) because we were slowly accumulating a small fleet of strollers.  We have had all of the following in our possession at one time: 1 travel system stroller, 1 double stroller, 1 sit and stand stroller, 2 umbrella strollers and now a Burley.  PLUS, when I was pregnant with Ava, I took 1 single and 1 double stroller to my parents' house so that we wouldn't always have to bring ours!  Before you think we've totally lost our minds, with the exception of our travel system and our double stroller, all of the rest came from this one family whose boys I took care of for several years!  We are so grateful for the way they've blessed us with so many things!  We've passed several of their things along to friends and gotten rid of what we didn't need.  I think our neighbors must think we need a stroller intervention...It was getting crazy up in here!!

The size of the Burley trumped all of them.  Honestly, it's like parking another car!  We need to get an easier part for the bike conversion arm, but thankfully this Burley is also a walker/jogger, so right now we are just using it like that.  I forsee lots of walks/runs this week! 

We had a great weekend and I hope you did too!  I am loving the new comment forum, although there are still some bugs to be worked out, but I think it's going to be much better.  Thanks for all the fun conversations we got to have!  I will be putting up a post soon with some answers to a few of your questions, but I certainly have some room for more!  You guys are shy this time around, last time I did a Q&A it took me 3 posts to answer everything!  Maybe we've finally reached the point together where I've told you everything before?  What more is there to know about me??  After all, this is my 900th post!!!  Can you believe that???  I know, I couldn't either.  Hard to think that I've had 900 posts worth of thoughts to share!  Well, maybe not. 
I've never been accused of not having anything to say :) I inherited that gift of "opinion" from my Mother.  I like to think we excel at it.  It's our spiritual gift, ha ha!

Hoping your Monday is off to a great start!  Gotta love a fresh start and the grace a new week brings.  I don't know about you but I'm always grateful for a new day and the chance to live it better than yesterday. 
Happy Monday, friends!!

Lamentations 3:22-23

New International Version (NIV)
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

No comments: