Pages

3.25.2008

Easter Recipes

I'm sharing two recipes with you that I made this Easter, because they are super easy and they were a big hit! The first one is a frozen fruit salad that my Mom makes and the second one is a no-bake chocolate/peanut butter bar that my Grandma Ferguson used to make. I highly recommend both!

Debby's Frozen Fruit Salad
1 can peach pie filling (21oz.)
1 can mandarin oranges, drained (15oz.)
1 can crushed pineapple, drained (20oz.)
1 can sweetened, condensed milk (14oz.)
1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (8oz.)
(You can add nuts, but the thought of that makes me ill, so I don't!)

Combine milk and pie filling in a bowl. Stir in oranges and pineapple and gently fold in whipped topping. Pour into 9x13 pan and freeze. Thaw before serving and cut into individual squares. Yields 12-15 servings.

Grandma Ferguson's Chocolate/Peanut Butter Bars
1 Cup melted margarine
1 Cup peanut butter
2.5 Cup powdered sugar
2.5 Cup crushed graham crackers
1 pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)

Mix and pat first four ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate chips over low heat and pour over crust. Spread and freeze. Let it thaw before you cut it, so the chocolate doesn't crack when you cut it. Basically makes a giant pan of peanut butter cups...make sure you have people to share these with or your teeth will fall out and you'll put on 10 lbs.!! Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: