Pages

6.26.2008

Smiling Again!

Thanks for praying for Travis yesterday. His root canal went well, although I'm not sure he'd like to have another! It was scheduled for 7:30 am yesterday, but after only getting about 1-2 hours of sleep the night before, he went in early, just hoping they could get started and relieve the pain. The dentist asked how he was doing and he told her, "I've never liked to go to the dentist in my whole life, but today I'm here early...what does that tell you??" He is doing much better and going back to work today, but I was proud of him last night, because for once in the last 2.5 years, he took a Wednesday night OFF!!! We didn't go! Now that he has a full-time associate in junior high, we could just leave it in her hands...that is a beautiful thing!! I'm also sure it's partly due to the fact that he was still on strong pain meds and therefore not totally Biblically sound! But whatever, we got to stay home and just rest. I catered to him, which of course he ate up, and then we watched a little TV and took a walk with Ryley. It was one of those beautiful nights and we just thoroughly enjoyed it. So, I think we're good to go now for this busy weekend and with family camp approaching...I've got some catching up to do with you, but I'm waiting for a chunk of time to do it!! Hope this week has been a good one for all of you!

3 comments:

Faith said...

Yay!! Sounds like you had a wonderful evening despite the crazy past couple of days. Glad Travis is feeling better and I hope y'all continue to rest up before your big week coming up!

Matt and Jen said...

glad the root canal is behind him!! wednesday nights off are so rare, but wonderful. there's something about doing nothing every once in a while on a night when it's usually crazy busy!!

Miz Jean said...

Hooray! For the completed root canal and the night off!

So Steph, I was watching Last Comic Standing last night and they had this comedic duo on there - "God Pottery" - and they were HYSTERICAL!!!! I was sitting there thinking, "Wow, a youth pastor would find this utterly hilarious!" which then made me think of the two of you. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!