It's another gorgeous day here in Minnesota, I think we are finally seeing some signs of Spring!! The sunshine is a much needed blessing and I have been soaking it up today. It's been another really nice day, I am totally loving this time off! I really thought I'd still be working this week, but I am so thankful that I've been able to have these days to myself. It is the best feeling to wake up and know my only job for today and the next day is to have this baby!! It's just icing on the cake to get anything else done too! I've got nothing but random things to fill you in on today, so here goes...
1. I had a hot lunch date with Travis because he'll be gone all night at a meeting. There's something really fun about meeting in the middle of the day for lunch :) It was probably one of our last times alone...but how fun will that be to meet Travis and bring Ava someday soon??
2. I've been having lots of contractions this afternoon on and off...I wouldn't be lying if I told you that they are more regular than ever before, but I'm not holding my breath until they are very regular and much closer together! However, the more action the better, so I am certainly glad to be feeling something :)
3. Did you watch the big game last night? We were hoping for a much closer game, and I was actually hoping that Michigan State would pull off a victory, but the Tarheels prevailed. Travis is a big UNC fan, so he was happy. I normally cheer for UNC too, but I wanted to be loyal to the Big 10 and I really wanted the fans in Michigan and Detroit to get a much deserved boost with a championship. They had a great run to the finals, but sadly they could not put it all together last night. You've got to love Roy Williams though...what a great coach and a nice guy.
4. I'm sharing that spicy curry chicken recipe with you because we tried it last night and liked it! As always, I have some tweaking to do, now that I've made it, but we did like it and I would make it again. It's definitely heavy on curry, so if that's not your thing then you probably wouldn't like it, but if you do like curry than you'll love this one!
This is a crock-pot one-dish wonder :) Here's what you'll need:
-chicken breasts (2-4, I used 2 last night)
-sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (2)
-yellow onion, chopped
-3-4 tsp. curry (I used 4 tsp. last night, but with only 2 chicken breasts, I would use 2 0r 3 tsps. next time. It was very spicy with 4.)
-1 Cup orange juice (may want more or less depending on # of chicken breasts you use and how long you're cooking them in the crock pot. I used more than the 1/2 C they recommended because I let this cook for 6 hours. I always use more liquid so chicken is tender and doesn't burn.)
-1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
-1 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. pepper
-green onion chopped
-honey roasted peanuts
Place chicken, sweet potatoes and onion in crockpot. Cover with sauce. Cook for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is done and potatoes are soft. Serve over rice and top with toppings.
Here's the finished product. It really had a great balance of spicy curry and sweet toppings. My biggest changes from last night to next time would involve less curry and more coconut! But the sweet potatoes were wonderful and the chicken was so tender and loaded with flavor. It just fell apart. I'm not sure this did the trick to get Ava moving, but it sure made her Mommy happy!
5. We spent some time in Ava's room last night, looking through her things and discussing our favorite things! Travis looked through her books and I picked out the outfits I can't wait to dress her up in :) We're starting to get bored, can you tell??
6. I'd like to report that my house is now sparkly clean! It looks so good everywhere, we almost don't want to touch anything! They had to make a return trip today, because they forgot to clean my fridge and freezer yesterday. Can I just tell you that my fridge has never been so clean?? They spent an hour on it. I am not sure how or why, it wasn't that bad, but you can see your reflection in it now! Oh what a happy girl I am!
7. I'm meeting with some friends tonight who are getting married in May. I'm doing the flowers for their wedding on May 9th. I want to finalize everything before Ava gets here and I'm running on no sleep and half a brain! It's so weird to think that when their wedding gets here, I'll have a 3-4 week old! I already have her dress for the wedding picked out :)
8. Aside from chatting with them, I'm looking forward to American Idol tonight too. I'm really loving this season and I'm SOOOO glad that Megan is gone! She was too much for me to take. My favorites this year are all guys...Danny, Chris, and yes, even Adam. Who do you like?? If I had one Idol wish, it would be that someone does SOMETHING BETTER with Scott's hair this week. Seriously, what is the deal? Are the stylists ignoring him?? Last week we both thought he looked exactly like Teen Wolf! I like him a lot, but come on, there has to be something that can be done with that hair!
How's that for a random list of Tuesday things?? Hope you had a great day today and a fun night! Here's hoping these contractions get me somewhere!!