Pages

8.02.2009

Camp

Yes, you read that title right.  We are at junior high summer camp.  And when I say "we", I mean Travis and I, and Ava too.  For better or for worse, we are brought her :) I'll let you know in a few days if that was a good decision, but I'm really hoping it was!  So far, she's done pretty well, but her Mom is another story!  If you could see all the gear I had to pack, load, un-load and set-up for her, you'd know why I want to lay down and cry.  I'm exhausted and the week has just begun.  Not good...

I would like to ask you to pray for us this week.  This is a huge undertaking for Travis.  We have 120 people here for the week (students, staff and counselors) and we do all the programming ourselves.  In other words, we just rent the facilities but we staff and run every thing from sun-up to sun-down.  It's exhausting and lots of fun too.  But ultimately, Travis bears all the responsibility on his shoulders.  As you can imagine, this past week has been stressful for him and he is basically "on" constantly until Friday night when we go home.  Please pray for his stamina and energy, as well as wisdom, patience, leadership, etc.  He really does LOVE camp and he thrives on this kind of hectic schedule.  It's fun for me to see him lead everybody, but also to watch the students who love him back and think he's so cool :) It was important to him that Ava and I be here, so we are.  But, while you're at it....

Will you pray for me?  I've been dreading this week for awhile.  Not because I don't want to be here but because I am basically on my own with Ava, all day long.  Travis is just too busy and too needed (by 120 people) to offer me much of a break and honestly, I don't want him to worry about us.  He is here for these kids this week and I want him to be free to shepherd them and spend time with them.  Ava is young enough not to feel neglected by him, so while we can take advantage of that, we're going to!  But, it's hard for me to get through these long days without a break, and I know my tendency to complain about it, so I'm really trying to not "dump" my long day on him when we get 5 seconds together.  But, that is hard and I'm not perfect :) So, please pray for me to have the same endurance and patience and to make it through this week with a positive attitude.  We think it's part of our ministry to let the kids watch us interact as a couple and now as parents, so I'm very mindful that we have lots of eyes on us all day long.  That does give me pause to be careful about how I respond, but it also wears me out!  

Anyway, I need to get in bed, but I will be posting this week because we have wi-fi here!!  Hope you have a wonderful week!  Thanks for supporting us in prayer :) 

6 comments:

PinkNote said...

hello! I've got an award for you in my blog...=) grab it now! Weee!=)

Joyce said...

Hi...I'll pray for you this week. Youth workers are extra special. You are so right in that kids are looking to you as a couple and I'm sure that is both a blessing and a burden. Praying it is a wonderful week for your family and the students both.

Rebecca Jo said...

I will MOST DEFINITELY pray for you & for Travis & for all the kids & staff...

working with Jr. High - I get it... all the work that goes into something like that & it IS so exhausting... & I cant imagine throwing a new baby in the mix too... you are a tough lady!!! Dont let Satan discourage you - do what you can do - & that's enough!!!! Dont over exhaust yourself... enjoy the moments you have with your husband & all those kids... & your daughter! She'll be a blessing to everyone there herself - I'm sure!

Cant wait to hear of the wonderful blessings that you'll all experience this week!

Rachel said...

I will pray for you because i am in that type of week almost everyweek!!!! Its hard and exhausting! I will always keep you in my prayers. Please keep me as well because i really need to get our finances in better shape!!!

Jenny said...

As a parent and Auntie of 5 of those students...I'll definately be praying for you all! Thank you so much for being there and for partnering with Travis~it means more than you'll ever know to so many! Love you.

Unknown said...

We'll be praying for you and the whole camp experience. Did the storms last night cause any issues? I heard they were pretty heavy.