Pages

11.04.2008

Election Day is Here...VOTE!!

Ok, this is not the single reason I'm voting, but it is a great perk!  After Trav and I vote this afternoon, we'll be swinging by a local Starbucks for some coffee and then we're off to Ben and Jerry's for a free ice-cream cone!  You've got to love that!!  

What an important day today is for our country, I hope you all get out and exercise your right to vote for whomever you choose.  I've been dwelling on something our Pastor shared with us on Sunday that was such a blessing for me to hear... "Do not forget that our God is Sovereign over all, even when and where He is not welcome."  So many Christ followers have hit the panic button over this election, but we've got to remember that our God still reigns, no matter who is President or who is in "power."  He still holds the ultimate victory in His hands and He has ordained these days.  His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts....

Do your part and vote, and then get your free Starbucks to reward yourself!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said...I have to keep telling Scottie this over and over. I think he is in complete panic over the election but I have to often to remind him that no matter who wins the election God is still God and it is all in HIS will. Of course he will calm down and then someone says something to him about the election and it starts all over again. I will be so glad when today is all over and the results are in!

Rebecca said...

mmmmmm..... My Pike Place Roast was SO yummy!!! Although I had quite a drive to get my cup of coffee it was worth it!
I agree..I'm not sure if you read my last post(which was a copy and paste from John Piper) but he addresses this same thing. It was GREAT to read and I am reminding myself of this over and over. But still, I am bringing children into this world so part of me is really nervous and scarred. But God is Sovereign!

The Allens said...

I love elections!

MiMi said...

I voted absentee so I didn't have a sticker. )-:
Chic-fil-a was also giving away free sandwiches if you voted.

Praise the Lord that He still reigns!

all up in each others bizness said...

and krispy kreme was giving away donuts....lol......i gave my sticker away to an absentee balloter....i'm just nice like that,lol