Pages

1.22.2009

More Food, What Did You Expect??

When I got home from work on Tuesday, I found this sweet gift waiting for us at our door.  Amanda sent us this ADORABLE little security blanket for miss Ava Page!  It is so soft and absolutely precious.  I know Ava will love snuggling with it because I already do!  
I think my favorite thing is that her first and middle name are monogrammed on it!  It's her first and only thing that says Ava Page!  And Page is even spelled correctly!!  Amanda, thank you so much. We love it and are so touched that you would do that for our baby girl, who isn't even here yet!  :)   Thank you Amanda!  It's so darling...
Now, on a totally un-related note, here is what we had for dinner tonight, one of my favorite chicken dishes.  I like to call it, get ready for some creative titling,  "Chicken with Dried Beef", but you may know it as something else, because it's most commonly called "Chicken Supreme."
I love it because it tastes so good, but also because it's so easy and it requires almost no work.  You just need chicken breasts, 8 oz of sour cream, 1 can cream of celery and dried beef.  I always use this jar from Hormel.  You can find it at almost every grocery store I've tried.  
I line the bottom of the pan with dried beef...
Then I put the chicken on top of the beef.  In the most common recipe, the chicken is wrapped with bacon, but I usually don't make it with bacon because I'm not a big bacon eater and it's kind of turned my stomach lately...
...so I just put more dried beef on top of the chicken.
After you mix the cream of celery and sour cream, you pour it over the chicken and spread it out a little.  Cover it and bake at 350 for about 45-60 minutes. 
This is what it looks like right out of the oven.
Typically, I always serve it over a bed of wild rice, but we're having rice tomorrow night and I had a few potatoes I needed to use, so mashed potatoes were on the menu instead :)  It was very good however with a little of the sauce poured over the potatoes instead of gravy.  And you can see, for Travy, more corn!  

Can you tell I'm pregnant or what??  Lately 75% of all my posts involve food!!  I think it's because I'm preggo and because it's winter, but I am all about staying home every night and cooking.  Today I even got wild and crazy and made cupcakes with homemade icing with the boys!  Ooohhh, they are so good.  It's a good thing I made them at their house and left all but 4 of them there.  I do NOT need that kind of stuff around me right now :)  Lately, I can't get enough chocolate in my body...not good for the 3rd trimester weight plan!!  Anyway, we are home tonight enjoying a quiet evening and gearing up for a new episode of the office!  I hope you have a great Thursday night and wonderful Friday!  

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

The blanket is precious!!!!

And yes, your blog makes me hungry lately! :-)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Enjoy your blogging while you can because if history repeats itself (after observing Shaye and Kara), in 79 days EVERYTHING changes. Time will be a commodity as precious as gold!!

Craig

Amanda Hoyt said...

I'm so glad you like the blanky, Stephanie :) I can't wait to see pics of Ava snuggling up very soon :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

petrii said...

Stephanie,
That blanket is so adorable!! And that food -- looks delish!!!

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Lissa said...

Hi Stephanie!

I've had that recipe, and I loved it. I've started Ava's birthday present, I'll give a little preview soon in my public blog. I know you're having fun planning, I so enjoyed your nursery post... it's gonna be so pretty!