Pages

6.24.2008

My Poor Travy....



Well, my sweet husband has had a rough couple of days. On Sunday, he complained about his teeth hurting a little bit, but we both thought little of it and I thought it might be due to a sinus infection, because he's still congested from his camping trip. I told him to go to the doctor the next day and find out if that was it. Turns out that wasn't it, because on Monday morning he called me from work and said, "I'm pretty sure this is all coming from one tooth" so, I switched plans and I gave him the number to the dentist. I always know he's really sick when he's willing to call and make an appointment for himself, without me bugging him about it! That was the case with the dentist. He got right in and she discovered a cracked molar, but she couldn't get him in until Wednesday to fix it. However, last night, I realized he was still in an incredible amount of pain, complaining and moaning all night and getting very little sleep, and I knew something must be really wrong!! So, this morning I called the dentist myself and talked to her about how badly he was feeling and how hard it was for him to sleep last night. Apparently that worked and she felt sorry for him too because now he's on Vicodin and he's flying high! Unfortunately, it will all end in the morning, when he's scheduled for a root canal at 7:30 am. Poor guy! He went from just a little toothache to an ache that warrants a root canal! I'm really hoping for a smooth and easy recovery tomorrow because of course, we don't have a low key weekend ahead...Trav is a the best man in his friend's wedding on Sunday, and then we leave Monday for a week of Family Camp with our church! We don't have time for being sick in our summer schedule...so please pray for Travy to feel better and for his tooth to be fixed soon!! In the meantime he's got me for a nurse and Ryley for a napping companion...it could be a long couple of days for everybody...

No comments: