Pages

12.30.2008

The Countdown Has Begun....

What does this look like to you??
How about this??  

Maybe this will help put it in perspective...

Or actually, this might be better.  Imagine 2 more huge nets like this one, filled with 1500 balloons... we are now ready for the big moment, when we watch the ball drop in Time's Square at midnight!

This is just one of the many, many details and jobs that we worked on today!  Barrett and I stopped by for lunch and got to see them working on the balloons.  He LOVED seeing so many and I LOVED seeing so many volunteers there to help!  Please pray for us tomorrow, as of 8:00pm tonight, we almost have more kids pre-registered than we did total last year!!  And if history repeats itself, we're expecting several hundred more to register at the door tomorrow!! I am excited because Barrett's Grandma and Grandpa offered to take him tomorrow night, so now I'll get to stay longer and see Trav speak during the program.  We are feeling pretty good about how much is done and where we stand, but there is MUCH to be done tomorrow!  It will be busy, stressful, and exhausting but we're trusting the Lord to help us pull it off and let go of things that aren't meant to be.  

Travis is still nursing this cold along, so please keep him in your prayers and as of right now, Greta is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning at 7:00 am, so we're not counting on Jason being able to come.  God knows though and we're just believing that He's going to work every detail out perfectly!  More than this event, we want a smooth and safe delivery for Greta and a healthy baby girl.   But we're also praying for the huge opportunity we have to love on hundreds of kids and to show them Jesus, some for the first time.  I am sure I won't have a minute to breathe tomorrow, let alone blog, so I'll have to update you after the fact. 

Thank you for praying, we wish you a very Happy New Year and a blessed 2009!!

4 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

We're prayin' for everyone you mentioned and for the event.
Many hugs and prayers and best wishes to you for 2009,
Amanda

petrii said...

Wow Stephanie everything looks GREAT!!!!! Just seeing this puts a smile on my face and in my heart ~~ God is soooooo good!!

Have a Blessed evening and Happy New Year!!!

Dawn

Rebecca Jo said...

It was funny - on my drive into work this morning - this event hit me & I just started praying on the drive in.... so excited for the kids!!!

Praying for your hubs & especially for this new baby that is getting ready to come into the world with Greta!!!

You'll have to tell us how it all goes!!!

I hope you get some rest - dont try to do an all nighter!!! You'll have plenty of those when the baby gets here!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I prayed that everything works out well for you tonight! I really love your blog and I think we all can't wait to "meet" Ava! Congratulations on all of your blessings! I also left you something on my blog!