Pages

5.21.2008

Just waiting for my $ Millions $ to roll in....

I have had the lucky fortune of being on the recieving end of some fantastic emails involving financial scams. I just started receiving then one day and now I receive at least 3 or 4 a week. Normally I'd immediately report them as spam and delete them, but I'm so enjoying the ridiculous stories that I now look forward to them! I do report them as spam by the way, but not until after I read them. Perhaps my favorite thing about this is that I've somehow gotten on a "religious" version of these letters. I frequently get a letter, poorly written, with random "religious terms" thrown in it, usually making no sense at all and almost always misspelled. Usually they are telling me that they need money for Bibles or religious literature and they're wondering if I would be kind enough to just send them my bank account number so that they can "use" my account as a vehicle for purchasing "desperately needed religious writings"...that was the actual phrase in the last one I got.

Today I found this one amusing and I thought you might like to read about the very generous Olds family who are just hoping to give me 20% of $5 million dollars. Isn't that kind? I really think it's a little over the top. I would be happy with just 15%, but if they are offering 20%, then why not? I hope you think this is as fantastic as I do!

*****Disclaimer****
Do not click on any of the links in the email posted below...I have no idea where they lead and they are most certainly a scam. Also, don't believe a single word.

Dear Friend,

Before you proceed reading my mail please do go through this webpage for more details http://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0418/zimbabwe.html

You may be surprised to receive this message from me since you don't know me in person, but for the purpose of introduction, I am MR. DAVID OLDS, a citizen of Zimbabwe, the son of late MR. MARTIN OLDS (A Farmer) who was murdered in a land dispute in Zimbabwe.

I got your contact through the Thailand Information Exchange Online, and then I decided to write you. My late father was among the few black Zimbabwean rich farmers murdered in cold blood by the agent of the ruling government of President ROBERT MUGABE for his alleged support and sympathy for Zimbabwean opposition party.

Before the death of my father, he deposited the sum of Five Million US Dollars ($5 M) with a security company during when he went to Thailand to purchase his farm machinery equipment, as if he foresaw the looming danger in Zimbabwe. The money was deposited as a gem/precious stone to avoid seize and much demurrage from the security organization.

This money was earmarked for the purchase of new machinery and chemicals for the farms and the establishment of new farms in Lesotho and Swaziland. This land problem arose when President MUGABE introduced a new land Act, which wholly affects the white rich farmers and some few blacks vehemently condemned the 'MODUS OPERANDI' adopted by the government.

This resulted to rampant killing and mob actions. I and my family who are currently staying in Thailand as a refugee asylum seeker, have decided to transfer this money to a foreign country where we can invest it. You will read more stories about President Mugabe's brutal acts by visiting. This website: http://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0418/zimbabwe.html

I am faced with the dilemma of investing this amount of money in Thailand but the financial law and Regulations of the Republic of Thailand do not permit us financial rights to such huge sum of money. In view of this, I cannot invest the fund in Thailand. Moreover, the Thailand monetary policy/law does not allow such investment by an asylum seeker or refugee.

I must let you know that this transaction is 100% risk free and the nature of your business does not necessarily matter. So if you are willing to assist us, I and my family have agreed to give you 20% of the total money, 40% will be for a joint business venture I will be doing with you and another 40% will be for the family, which we shall also invest in your country. Therefore, if you are willing and interested to render the needed assistance, endeavor to contact me through the above telephone or email address. I also need your private telephone and fax numbers for quick communication.

Please Remember that this transaction is highly confidential. Expect your reply soonest.

Best regards.


MR. DAVID OLDS.
For the family.
Mobile +(66)877096805.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Wow, people will try anything won't they?
Hope you are having a good week! I am praying for you!

Unknown said...

I have been getting emails like this recently as well. I recieved on this week telling me that I was entitled 25 million! Only if it was true!

Christy

Kelly said...

Hee Hee......I get several a week like this!!!!