Pages

5.14.2008

The Wedding Countdown Has Begun!






I wanted to share these photos with you because they sort of define my life at the moment. Three weeks from Friday, my youngest sister Jennie will officially become Mrs. Jennifer Knapp (not the singer)! To say we are thick in the details and decisions would be an understatement. My Mom and Jennie are feelin' the stress right about now and are realizing this is literally "crunch time." The fittings are underway, appointments are being scheduled, and showers are being held and planned. I am getting phone calls almost daily regarding some detail or another. I've also been making Target runs for several items that they could not find at their Target. The shoes pictured above were requested for Jennie's rehearsal dinner dress; the pearl bracelets are for something I can't describe yet (I don't want to give it away, but they aren't for wearing); the invitations have all arrived and the response cards are now past due. Oh the bliss and the excitement! The groom is getting emotional, the bride is getting stressed and they're both beyond excited!! My parents are in wedding mode, while trying to remain calm and collected for Jennie's sake. My other sister Stacie and I are busy planning Jennie's personal shower from Minnesota and North Carolina. We will both be home the whole week before the wedding and I can't wait!! Travis is joining me mid-week in Iowa and Stacie's husband Jesse will be home all week too. We have so many fun things ahead of us, it's going to be great! I can think of no better way to kick off the summer than this! So, I'll be periodically updating you on our drama and planning. I had to go to great lengths to convince Jennie to let me show you this little glimpse of her dress! It's beautiful on her and she's going to take Dave's breath away. But that's all I can say about it for now!! Does anyone else hear those bells ringing???

5 comments:

Faith said...

Beau-ti-ful!!! I LOVE weddings. Everything looks so pretty and I can't wait to see more and more! And, how pretty is her ring??? Oh my word...gorgeous! Happy planning everyone!

Jesse and Stacie said...

I am SHOCKED that she let you put that picture of her dress up!! So those are the famous shoes huh?

Kelly said...

SO fun - everything looks so nice! I can't wait for a ton of pictures!!!! Have so much fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW...Love it all! The shoes are FABULOUS...I just recently did a post about my wedding shoes. They're one fun thing you get to do that hardly anyone sees!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.