Pages

5.07.2008

The sun will come out tomorrow....

Just so you know, the sun did come out today and it was a gorgeous day. Despite the sorrows we face, the hurts, and the disappointments, life has a funny way of marching on doesn't it?

In no way does it diminish how you feel or what the circumstance might be, but it's a good reminder that no matter how hard it is, the sun will always come up tomorrow. God is like that too. No matter how long we wait for something or how intensely we pray for something, He remains faithful. His promises are true; His presence is felt; and His peace is greater than anything this world offers. Thank you for praying for us, for sending us sweet words of encouragement, and for loving us.

I don't want you to think that we are overcome with despair. We aren't. We love Jesus more than we did nine months ago and we have great hope for our future. If I've learned anything on this journey, I've learned that I can't change the past. Some things are what they are and there isn't anything I can do about it. But, I can change how I view the past and how I decide to move ahead in the future.

I'm thankful, even grateful for this ride. I've learned lessons and truths that I never would have without it. I trust the Lord to hear my cry and I believe He will answer in the way He sees fit. Sure the tears flow every now and then, but rejoicing comes in the morning. My heart is at peace and I have joy that is truly of the Lord. Yesterday was memorable, but it wasn't without laughter or even contentment. I can't explain it, but I know the Lord hears our hearts and I know He has plans for us and that gives me great hope!

Please keep praying on our behalf; we would be crazy not to believe that God isn't moved by the cries of his people. We are so indebted to so many who faithfully lift us up. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Your prayers are being answered and ours are as well. God has been incredibly good to us. The sun came up today and it will come up tomorrow too!

"Because he loves me, " says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation...It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night..."

Psalm 91:14-92:2

1 comment:

Faith said...

Very true words...God is faithful. So thankful that you are experiencing the perfect peace that comes from living in His presence. Thank you for this testimony of God's goodness even through difficult circumstances.
Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday =) Still praying for you!