Pages

5.22.2008

"When We Can't Trace His Hand, Trust His Heart..."


I heard on the radio this morning the saddest news. Steven Curtis Chapman's family is grieving deeply today for the accidental death of their youngest daughter, Maria Sue, 5 years old. She was apparently killed last night in some kind of accident in their driveway. It's being reported that she was run over by one of their teenage sons. Regardless of how it happened, I cannot imagine the grief and guilt they must be wrestling with today. You can go to their blog here and read the statement from their manager and watch a precious video of her too. You can also leave them a comment to encourage them. I'm sure you've heard this on the radio, but I've been thinking about this all day, praying for peace that can only come from the Living God. I'm sure they are heartbroken and still in shock. I've also been praying for their son...this will undoubtedly change him for the rest of his life. I think of how many people have benefited from the words of so many Steven Curtis Chapman songs and how they have brought comfort to lots of people all over the world. I'm so thankful for our faithful God who is our Rock, our Prince of Peace, our Healer, and our Provider. Please ask Him to shower the Chapman family with His presence now.

No comments: