Pages

6.07.2007

Moving on...

We just got home from watching lots of our 8th grade students graduate from a Christian Middle School tonight(I know...our life is sooooo exciting). It was a sweet ceremony, because it is a great school, but it made me think about this time of year...it's so full of changes. Saying good-bye to old ways and looking forward to new things to come. Weddings, graduations, last days of school...May and June bring so many changes don't they? I've grown to accept change as a good thing in life, but I don't know that I really like it. I am a creature of habit and I like routine, so when this time of year rolls around, I get a little sad. What will I do when my children are the ones graduating??? Hopefully I'll put on a brave face and tell them all the wise things I've learned about change and new beginnings, but then I'll probably climb into bed with Travis and cry myself to sleep! This has been a long week, I think I'm emotionally tired and physically tired too. I'm really glad it's Friday tomorrow...I need a day to sleep in and chill out. We have a party tomorrow night for our incoming seventh graders, welcoming them to our Junior High Ministry...we called it a "movin' on up" party. I think I need to "move on up" myself this weekend and greet my summer with some enthusiasm, instead of the exhaustion and dread I've felt this week. We're having one of those great summer thunderstorms tonight and I'm ready to crawl into bed and fall asleep to the rain hitting my windows. One day I hope to handle this season of change better...but for now, I'm just happy to get under my covers and, as the song goes, "lay here and just forget the world."

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Steph,
Hi... I feel the same way. I love the summer, but dread it sometimes as well. It seems like such an opportunity for growth for me and so many others, but I tend to get into a rut sometimes to during this time of year! The pool that we went to was at a neighborhood in Rolesville. It is growing quite a bit... they even have a sonic that we go to sometimes! Have
a great Friday!

amy said...

stephanie... i feel your pain! :) i am the exact same way... it's so hard to get out of one routine and into another. summer seems to throw a monkey wrench in each of my perfectly planned days! :) i envy your summer thunderstorm as well... there's nothing better than curling up in bed with a good book and listening as the rain comes down... we haven't had a good storm in quite some time... just heat, sun, and more heat! :)