Pages

1.01.2008

Fondue-in it Up!

One of the best things about going home to Iowa is the amount of food we consume while we're there! My Mom loves to cook, and I know I inherited that from her, and I think both Stacie and Jennie might have too. So, half the fun of the holidays is figuring out what we're going to eat and when. On Christmas eve we traditionally do the same meal, my mom's amazing bar-b-que brisket(Trav's favorite) with all kinds of side dishes, but this year we decided to do soups and appetizers and fondue for dessert...it was yummy! I'm really loving the stage my immediate family is in right now...no grandkids yet, so we get to sleep late, eat all day, and stay up late being silly...we chose to really find the joy in that this year and not take it for granted. Needless to say, we did our part!



Some of the fondue spread...those bing cherries look great and tasted even better!










No comments: