Pages

3.30.2008

If Life Had a Soundtrack

If you're like me, you associate certain songs with certain events in your life or periods of time. I have lots of songs that I love and that take me right back to many different milestones in my life, some significant and some not. Right now, I am loving a new song that our friend Jason passed along to me...it is so fitting and so appropriate for where we are. Both Travis and I love it. It's called "New Day" by Robbie Seay and it's very fitting for the way we feel. In fact, I am declaring it the "theme song" for our vacation this week! I put it at the top of my playlist on the right and I googled the lyrics for you too so you could enjoy them right along with me! It's the best!! Listen and let me know what you think!

However, I also want to know what your theme song is right now. What song captures the season you're in or the way you feel? We need some new tunes for the i-pod, so let me know what you're listening to! And have a great week Monday!!

New day by Robbie Seay Band

I'm gonna sing this song
To let you know that you're not alone
And if you're like me
You need hope, coffee, and melody
So sit back down
Let the world keep spinning ‘round
For yesterday's gone and today is waiting on you to show your face

It might not be
The prettiest thing that you'll ever see
But it’s a new day, oh baby, it’s a new day
And it might not look like
A beautiful sunrise
But it's a new day, oh baby, it’s a new day

I’m a pilgrim soul
I've traveled far and come back home
This land is hard and cold
For those who long to love
And I know it might seem
That the world is crumbling
But it’s me and you dancing in the kitchen at 2 am
And we're still alive

It’s the calm of the storm that comes blowing in
It’s the springtime saying I'm back again
The clouds that roll by
Crossing moonlight
Me and you love – everything's alright
Standing in the rain with nowhere to go
Laughing and we're spinning and I hope that you
Remember this day
For the rest of your life
Me and you love – everything’s gonna be alright

And it just might be
The prettiest thing that you'll ever see
It’s a new day
Oh baby, it’s a new day
If you look outside
To see a beautiful sunrise
It’s a new day

3 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Sorry we couldn't talk longer... so are you listening to the Shelton ipod? or did you upgrade?

tapango1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miz Jean said...

My Desire by Jeremy Camp. A close second is More Than Enough by Jeremy Camp. Really, you just can't go wrong with anything Jeremy Camp.