Pages

6.28.2010

Over the River and Through the Woods....

...To Grandmother's (and Grandfather's) house we go!
We are having a delightful time at my parents house while Travis is working.  It has been such a nice break for me to have so many extra hands and of course Ava is in hog heaven with all the attention.  She only comes to me for her basic necessities right now because she clearly wants Grandma or Grandpa instead!  I love that and so do Grandma and Grandpa.  I'm pretty sure I've only changed her diaper once or twice since we've been here!  Not that I mind doing it, I don't, but a girl can appreciate an extra hand when she gets one!!  
After Ava woke up from her nap this morning, she snuggled in with my Dad and sat on his lap for at least 20 minutes.  Not only was it sweet, but so unlike her!  Our Ava is NOT a cuddle girl by nature, but apparently she can be when she wants to be :) 
After she perked up a little bit, we took her to a perfect little park at the preschool my sister runs.  The weather today was AMAZING and even a little cool, so great for being outside.  This little munchkin quickly found some things to keep her busy!
Grandma helped her remember her sliding skills, which have become second nature to her, and we all laughed while she showed off her stuff!
Big girl!
Chillin at the end of the slide because really, who doesn't???
 
Playing peek-a-boo through the bars with Grandpa.
Trying to sneak a kiss :) 
Love that little prisoner!
 
Grandpa showed her how to ride on the little airplane...While Mommy had nightmare flashbacks from our last airplane experience...
But once she figured her balance out, Ava was quite proud of herself!
If only a real airplane ride was this pleasant...
Grandpa's girl all the way!
Every night my Dad has been taking her for a walk with him around the neighborhoods.  She loves it, but whenever they turn the corner to come home on their street, she insists on getting out of the stroller and walking the rest of the way.  
My Mom and I were laughing tonight when they came back because my poor Dad was pushing the stroller with one hand and holding Ava's hand and her blankie with the other!  She would not walk without her blanket in one hand and her juice in the other, but she's so little, it was practically more than she could handle :) But of course, because she rules the roost here, she got what she wanted!  Totally funny :) 
After dinner we played some more in the back yard, because it was just too nice to be inside.  
What lucky ducks we are to be getting spoiled from Grandpa and Grandma!  I laughed last night because I hopped on facebook to discover that one of my girlfriends was also counting down the days until her youth Pastor husband was coming home!  I left her a comment and before I knew it, 3 more of us were in the exact same boat!  All of our husbands gone on ministry trips or at camps and all of us surviving/waiting with the kids back home :) The funniest part was that all of us had also gone to our parents houses to pass the time and get some help!!  

Hmmm....You might be a Youth Pastor's wife if your summer is spent at Grandma and Grandpa's, counting down the days while Daddy is working!!  
Good thing we all love our parents (and they love us)!!

1 comment:

Ron and Peggy said...

Amen, and we are so thankful for your wonderful parents who made you such a harmonious partner for Travis.