Pages

3.19.2011

Spring Fling

It was just a matter of time really. 
Although it's been slow, Spring has sprung here in Minnesota.  The days are getting longer, the snow is melting like crazy, we've dabbled in the 50's a few times, and I've spotted the obligatory shorts and flip-flops multiple times while I've been out this week!  To say it's long overdue is a gross understatement.  We are desperate over here for some warm weather and sunshine! 

Which should explain the following photos :)
I was "helping" my sister look for some things for her new house, when I took the plunge and started an impromptu bedroom makeover of sorts.  I just couldn't help it.  The stars aligned  (or something) and all kinds of things started coming together, whispering "Buy me, you'll love me!"
Things like these metal flowers.  Aren't they happy?
And green glass votive holders...
...and throw pillows like these. 
Holy Cow, is that a throw pillow or what????
Dr. Suess anyone???  The Twilight Zone???
Meet my personal weakness...
The throw pillow. 
Never underestimate the power of a fun pillow...
Words to live by :)
Especially when you hit the jackpot and find a throw pillow that looks as if it was made for the new quilt on your bed!  What a find!!  Pier One to the rescue again.
Here is the quilt that started the whole thing. 
I've been looking for some color to add to our room for a long time and when I saw this, I loved it.
And here is the husband who graciously let me indulge in this little "project."
After 2 nights on our new sheets, he's just as happy as I am about the whole thing!
Who knew sheets could thrill our souls like they have???
 I also picked up some new accessories and some picture frames in need of pictures.
And new lamps!
I think these might be my favorite part of all.  I'm so happy with these lamps.
I've got some work to do above the bed, we need a little something more to go with the flowers so that they are not so off scale.  But for now, even something leaning on our headboard is better than the nothing that was previously on that wall :)
This picture doesn't quite do the "new look" justice, but it makes me so happy to walk by our room now and see some color in there!  I loved our bed before, but I'm so tired of muted and neutral, so for now I'll take bold and bright!  If we can't live in Florida anymore, at least we can enjoy the same appreciation for color that most Floridians do :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some new sheets to crawl into and a new lamp to read by...
Have a great Sunday tomorrow!

3 comments:

Ron and Peggy said...

Wow! What a great job and love those pillows!

SM Anderson said...

You are amazing. My bedroom needs your help!

Lindsay said...

So beautiful! I love the colors and textures you've got going on!