Pages

8.05.2007

Catching up again...

It's amazing how vacation messes with your "routine" isn't it? It's so great to be gone and to rest, but it's such a bummer to come back and actually do something. I really think I'm cut out for the retired life! I love to sleep in, take a nap, and go to bed early...all the while drinking coffee and eating whatever I feel like! What a dream life that is...maybe there will be some of that in Heaven someday?? I suppose my theology might be a little off in that statement, but it sounds nice doesn't it?

Anyway, there is so much to catch you up on. I don't have my pictures loaded on the computer yet, so they will have to come later, but I have lots of pictures from our vacation to show you. We had a really nice time, celebrating our anniversary and seeing friends and family. We're glad to be home and we both feel rested and rejuvenated. We only have one week at home though and then we leave for Junior High Summer Camp on Sunday...rest never lasts long in our world!

On a good note, we finally hired a senior high Pastor!!! We actually know him and his wife, as they have been on staff at my parent's church for the last few years. Small world. We had no idea they were interviewing until one of the final stages, but we are thrilled and we can't wait for them to start. They will be here in a few weeks and start after labor day...praise the Lord! I don't know how much longer we could have gone without some help in student ministries. Travis is so excited and relieved and the students and staff are thrilled as well. So, we're anticipating a great school year! I don't know what it will be like to only worry about junior high??

I have to go and catch up on some bills before the week starts...I hate that, but I've put it off long enough! I'll get some pictures up here soon.

No comments: