Pages

10.08.2013

Day Eight: Outside the Walls

Today was one of those glorious Fall days that makes you want to savor every detail, taking in all of the sights and smells and sounds.  Not only was the weather gorgeous, but the company I kept was pretty sweet too.  
I got to accompany this girl (and her headband) to one of the local apple orchards with her preschool class.  I was a tad bit worried when the weather was cold and rainy last week, wondering how taboo it was to back out of the parent volunteer list??  Too soon to be "that" parent??  Oh, I kid.  My little Pagey girl was SO happy when I told her I signed up to go with her class, she has been counting down the days and telling me how "esscited" she was that we were going to have apple doughnuts together!  In fact she popped into our room this morning at 7 am, saying "Good morning Mommy!  I can't wait for the apple orchard today with you!"   How could I ever disappoint her AND turn down apple doughnuts??
We ended up with a picture perfect day and I was very grateful to be holding hands with my favorite preschooler, taking in the majesty of Fall in Minnesota.  Never mind the fact that I almost threw up upon our arrival, due to the worlds longest and hilliest drive.  Seriously.  I was praying myself there without incident, but mental note, next time there is a bus ride it's Trav's turn to go!
Hayride time.  We were ready for some fun, clearly!
Blue skies, rolling hills, and a playground to enjoy after our ride??  All the makings of a pretty great morning!


My two buddies for the morning! Are they cute or what??  Not sure what held my gaze more, the beautiful trees dripping with apples or these two with their smiles and giggles.  I'm thinking them.
You can't go to the orchard without having an apple to enjoy!  Minnesota Honeycrisps.  They were delish!




Loving those green shirts that are 3 sizes too big.  So funny but they were easy to spot!

And that my friends, was our morning at the Apple Orchard! We had a great time and God gave us an amazing day.
This Mama's heart was full and I'm so thankful I could enjoy a morning outside the walls of our home with my sweet Ava.  I can't wait to do this with Carter in a couple of years, although I'm sure it will be a whole new experience with a boy!  The Lord is so good, what grace it is to be blessed with children to love and opportunities to see this big world through their eyes.  Thank you Lord for apples and orchards and preschool field trips!

"Generation after generation stands in awe of your work; each one tells stories of your mighty acts.  Your beauty and splendor have everyone talking; I compose songs on your wonders.  Your marvelous doings are headline news; I could write a book full of the details of your greatness!"
Psalm 145:4-6
The Message Translation

No comments: